For a full list of this year's annual programme of events
Please click here
The Parish Church of St Mary the Virgin Send, Surrey
A small but comprehensive illustrated guide to the early 13th century parish church of Send, at one time under the patronage of Newark Priory and until 1878 the mother church of Ripley Chapel. The church possesses a fine mediaeval 'dugout' chest and some good 19/20th century stained glass windows. It has a 'low-side' window in the chancel and a 15th century rood screen divides the chancel from the wide, aisle-less nave of the same period. These and many other artefacts and architectural features are fully described. There is also a list of 'Church Goodes' for 1552 with explanatory notes, a glossary, bibliography and chronicle.
Published by Send History Society 1980 £1.50#